Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Christensen family reunion

We went on our annual family camping trip at grandma and grandpa's lot in Island Park this weekend. That means it was Curtis's parents, and siblings and their families. It was a great trip in spite of the weather. It was pretty chilly all the time, and I'm sure it was in the 40's at night. But on the plus side, we didn't see a single hornet or mosquito.

The theme of the weekend was HOW DIRTY CAN TAYLA GET?

How about a dusty four-wheeler ride?

Or a dirt shower (she picked up handfuls of dirt and dropped it on her head)...


Or swimming in the dirt...
(Yes, that's a rice crispie treat in her hand and I'm sure she ate it afterward.)

She was absolutely filthy and the bath water was brown when we got home.






Another hit was the bubbles. I was so happy about this straw contraption because Tayla could actually blow bubbles using it.

Tayla is a great little camper! She stays in her sleeping bag and sleeps throughout the night despite the cold temperatures. She is generally happy all of the time even when she trips and falls constantly. She LOVES taking four-wheeler rides! She just seems to love everything about it.

Xander was a bit of a stinker at bedtime. He unzipped and climbed through 4 doors of our tent to go play with his sister instead of sleeping in his tent. He also refused to put his arms and his head in his mummy bag, so he woke up cold at night. However, during the day, he was a good boy. He played with his cousins really well.

Curtis and I went on a long four-wheeler ride while the kids were supposed to be napping. It was really fun, although at times I feared for my life. It was a perfect weekend as we got to spend a little time with each family member.

3 comments:

  1. wow. she did get dirty, didn't she? but it looks like she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tayla looks so much older! as of course they are both as cute as ever! looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it's over for today... but I'll have to continue to go back to the lab and get my blood drawn for tests...ugh! She told me that about 60% of the people who come in to get blood drawn usually faint! But, then on my facebook account people were just like that sucks...glad that never happened to me. crazy! Or rather they must be lucky! Who knows maybe only one child will be it for me...after fainting, vomiting, nausea, and then delivery...ahhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete