Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Blog

I've been on a weight roller coaster. In high school I weighed about 150lbs. When I was pregnant with my first baby I gained 80lbs. After the baby, I worked hard to get back down to about 165 before I got pregnant with my second child. Let's just say I stopped looking at the scale after it tipped 225+. Ugg. With a lot of discipline, I got back down to 150. Then I jumped up to 165 while I was training for my marathon. And now I am 144 and still losing...

I am continually being asked, "What's your secret? How do you do it? Give me some healthy recipes." After years of being completely stumped by these questions (because the answer is not a one word, one sentence, or even one paragraph answer) I finally decided I'd answer the questions with a blog.

http://melissa-livinghealthy.blogspot.com/

When you've learned something really awesome, it has to be shared. I have learned much after years of riding the weight roller coaster. If I can help just one more person learn to LOVE their body and live life to the fullest, I have accomplished my quest. Check it out.

3 comments:

  1. wow. great idea. i'm excited to read and learn! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also weigh 144 lbs! And I was up to 190 when I started my Freshman year of college. My roommate thinks I don't eat enough, but I do. A person just doesn't need that many calories.

    -Kerry

    ReplyDelete