Thursday, April 23, 2009

I dare you to try this!


I had to wait for the washing machine to clean my workout clothes before I could go to the gym today. While I was waiting, I thought I'd try something at home. I got this idea from The Biggest Loser this week. (Yes I'm an regular watcher.)

Take a deck of cards, shuffle them, and draw one card at a time.

Red cards work your abs
hearts = sit ups
diamonds = reverse crunches (I lay on the floor and while keeping my legs straight lift them, then lower heels to the floor)
spades = push-ups
clubs = lunges

The number on the card = how many reps you do (face cards are 10)

If you are lucky enough to get an ace you get 1 minute of rest.

My kids thought it was really fun and Xander even did the exercises and counted reps for me. I only did half of the deck and man oh man was I sweating. It's really rough if you get like 3 spades in a row and end up doing like 30 push-ups in a row. I won't say I always did full sit-ups or 'boy push-ups' (after a while, my muscles just couldn't do the real thing), but I will say it was a great work out! Hopefully one day I'll be strong enough to do the whole deck. I dare you to try it and let me know how many cards you get through. Bonus points for doing all 52!

2 comments:

  1. wow that sounds rough. i'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey how are you? I didn't know you had a blog! Have you always had one? Yippee--now I can keep track of you better! You're kids are so cute and so grown up too!

    ReplyDelete