Sunday, January 17, 2010

Minnie Mouse cake

I made this for my daughter's second birthday. (She really loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse).

It is a 8 inch chocolate cake with white decorator's icing. I didn't have 4in cake pans so I baked a 9x13 and cut out 4 inch circles for the ears. I stuck crushed oreos on the side to make the ears black. The bow is a chocolate chip cookie with icing and pink sugar sprinkled. (Although I don't recommend using a cookie -- it is difficult to get such a big cookie firm enough without it breaking into bits.) The face is just frosting.

Happy Birthday Tayla!

3 comments:

  1. That really looks great! Good job! I bet it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you are just too creative for me! haha i hope my kids never ask for that or I'm calling you!!

    i hope your cute and growing family is faring well all the way in poke---way too far haha

    check out our new blog:
    http://damenandaleece.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete