Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The 12 days of Valentine's Day

I know it's way past Valentine's day, but I did something rather creative and I wanted to share.

You know how guys are last minute planners and usually forget dates like these. Well, I wanted to give him plenty of notice -- 12 days to be exact. Using the 12 days of Christmas and one of my favorite blogs (http://www.loveactually-blog.blogspot.com) as inspiration, this is what I came up with. Each day my husband found a little gift or note like this one.

Instead of a partridge in a 'pear' tree...

These were my "Dove" chocolate turtles...


In addition to finding this silly card on the mirror in the morning,


I found three times during the day to do what the back of the card said.


Four calling birds were portrayed by the 4 flirty text messages I sent.

You get the idea. Not all of them were easy to come up with. I had to know who I was working with. For example, 6 geese-a-laying could be anything with eggs -- perhaps breakfast in bed. However my man doesn't like breakfast much less egg. So I had to stretch it to be a little goofy.

I "goosed" him 6 times that day and each time he endured my playful cheesiness, he got an egg filled with Hershey's kisses.

The second week involved dates together. It was just a great way to spend Valentine's week.

We went "hot-pooling" at Lava Hot Springs (7 swans-a-swimming). And yes, apparently you can do that 365 days a year.


And again I stretched it for day 10. This is the note he got:


"Lords-a-leaping are hard to find

So that left me in quite a bind

Ladies and “Lords of Film” you know

Are in this “Valentine’s Day” show"


As you can guess, we went and saw "Valentine's Day" on opening night. Which was an added bonus for me because they gave out carnations to all the women.

Day 11 was eleven "Pepper's" pepping. My husband happens to LOVE his soda. However he was disappointed to find only 11 Dr. Pepper's in the 12 pack. But hey, I had to stay true to the game!

And for the grand finale....

For the 12th 'lay' of V-day my true love gave to me...

LIVE drummers drumming.

(Tickets to a Daughtry concert in April!)

This turned out to be the best V-day ever...aside from 2004's when Curtis proposed. And it will live on until April because we have a concert to look forward to.

************

One day I awoke to find little love notes like these hidden all over the house! I found 17 and I'm still stumped as to why 17? I loved it!


Sunday, February 14th I got an omelet in the shape of a heart. It was much better than I make omelets too. Oh wait I don't make omelets I just scramble everything together.

I went to church early to practice with the choir. When Curtis and my kids arrived for church each of them had one of these to give me...

With their cute little hand prints for the hearts! So sweet!


Curtis claims the kids made him make one too...It's okay if you wanted to make me a card with your hand print on it honey! hahaha You can admit it.

Best Valentine's Day ever!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww! Thanks for sharing! What a creative and sweet thing to do. I may just have to do his next year. Those cards from your kids and hubby are adorable. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete