Monday, March 8, 2010

Snow fun!

I was devastated when I found out that our new place (just 50-minutes away) doesn't get much snow. I'm not exaggerating either! We had one snowfall back in December that stuck for about 1 week. Since that nothing has stayed even 24 hours -- including this day. This was a Sunday back in late January where it snowed all day so after church and after naps, we immediately went outside to make one snowman this winter.


The kids didn't really care about the snowman. Curtis and I worked on a snowman. And Xander (and Tayla too) threw snowball...


After snowball...


After snowball!!! I remember about how we had to help Xander make snowballs last year (unless he got lucky and found a chunk of snow on the ground.) But this year, he could make them all on his own. Here's our snowman. And I kid you not -- this monstrous beast was completely gone within 24 hours! There was not even a puddle left the next day.


And one more snowball!


Oh well. Now I can say that the kids used their snow pants once this year and their boots twice. And they will outgrow them by next year...bummer. See if I buy them again!

1 comment:

  1. that is the best and hugest snowman. looks like it was cold and fun.

    ReplyDelete