Monday, July 27, 2009

Xander's 3!

With Curtis at AT (annual training), we had to make sure Xander's birthday was extra fun. At first I didn't know what to do, but the day just sort of fell into place and ended up being amazing. You ever have one of those perfect days, where you just have fun and don't have to yell at your kids all day? That was today, and I'm so thankful!


Xander insisted on opening presents BEFORE breakfast. Of course, I let him. He was very excited!

He got some sand toys for his birthday, so after breakfast he went and got his swimming suit and said we were going to the beach to play with his sand toys. I relented and took an unplanned trip to the beach. What's better than going to the beach on your birthday?!


For the record, Tayla started the sand fight by dropping sand on Xander's head. It was the friendliest of fights until Xander finished it.The aftermath of the wet sand fight. This was the only time all day, I had to somewhat scold the birthday boy.

I was going to make a special cake for the birthday boy, but I wanted to do it on a day when other people would be with us to celebrate. So today we went to the store and let Xander pick out a pre-made cake. I was hoping for chocolate cupcakes, but he picked the white cake with funky strawberry goo in it because it was a FOOTBALL cake. No one really ate it but Tayla, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment