Saturday, November 28, 2009

50 Thanks list

A friend challenged me to make a list of 100 things that I'm thankful for. It's focused to me to think about it this entire month. (That's a big list to come up with.) I decided to only do 50 things. Although I'm feeling more thankful this year than ever before. I have so much more to be thankful for, but I won't bore you to death with a never-ending list.


I am Thankful For...
1. God, the Father
2. Jesus Christ
3. Holy Ghost

(This is what my kids are thankful for. We came up with "the thankful turkey" during a family night this week. From left to right...)


4. School
5. Friends
6. Christmas
7. Music
8. Grandma and Grandpa
9. Dinosaurs (toys)
10. Bed
11. House
12. Family
13. Colors
14. Blanket
15. Food
16. Closet
17. Fingers
18. Clothes

19. Warm NOVEMBER days. Yes it was so warm that we could play water table without freezing our tails off.

20. My body -- all ten fingers and toes, every part healthy and functioning properly.

21. My gym membership -- it makes staying in shape easy

22. 9/5/2009 -- the day I ran a marathon (a terrific experience)

23-33. My husband -- he's amazing in more ways than one

34. Symphony -- it's a great break from being "master of the household" all week, it keeps me in "musical shape," it makes me a better musician, and it's kinda fun too.

35. Patrica George -- my college flute teacher, also for her energetic personality (I wouldn't have such a great flute choir to play in without her leadership.)

36. Flute choir -- I just started it this fall, but it has greatly improved my playing and reminded me how to be a star musician. Oh and it challenges me and is therefore much FUN!

37. How quickly I made good friends when we moved here this summer.

38. Cooking shows

39. Cookbooks...without them I wouldn't have as much success in the kitchen.

40. Kitchen appliances (RIP waffle iron)

41. Our cozy little apartment

42. My crafting supplies

43. Books (not only for my pleasure, but for educating my kids)

44. the Internet (for the same reasons)

45. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse = a shower for mom

46. My bike/bike trailer

47. Life itself!

48. My kids (have I really forgot about them until #48? lol)

49. Holidays -- they give you something to plan for month to month

50. Our car -- (it beats going over the river and through the wood in a sleigh)

2 comments:

  1. How great! I love the Thankful Turkey! Oh and I had such a blast killing myself at the gym with you T-day morning. I was sore for days after but it was worth it. I am thankful for my awesome friend Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #45-yes yes yes and yes!!! Samantha will tell me and Cory to take a shower on Saturday mornings so she can watch a show......and thank you so much for coming in and working with my flutes, many asked if you were going to come back anytime soon :-)

    ReplyDelete