Thursday, November 5, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

We just carved two small pumpkins this year...


Xander's favorite feature is the "scary teeth." He likes all jack-o-lanterns with "scary teeth."


We didn't have any tea light candles (another thing I forgot about and packed in storage), so Curtis broke out some glow sticks to put in the pumpkins. They worked swell (just for one night), until I caught Xander playing with a broken one that had leaked fluids all over his pumpkin. I hope that stuff isn't radioactive!


I decided to be ambitious and cook up the seeds for eating. I did just regular ones with egg whites and salt. And I also tried Rachel Ray's sweet and spicy pumpkin seed recipe. It was yummy! Go easy on the cayenne if you don't like it too hot.


Another night, we had a good old-fashioned family movie night. Popped a big bowl of popcorn...and snuggled up to share it. The "movie" was Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space (it was a 30 minute Halloween special we recorded on our DVR). The kids loved it and we watched it twice in a row that night.

1 comment:

  1. you are making great memories for those little ones. So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete