Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Mom, it's broken" Translation: I'm too big!

After frequent tantrums and much fighting, the bib is being retired!

For me this was more emotional than my son's first day of preschool. He's used this bib 3 meals a day for over 2 years and I just can't part with it or admit that my firstborn is growing up.

But my son (3 years, 3 months) makes a compelling argument. The bib has gotten a microscopic hole in it so now "it's broken". And since it's been a fight to get him to wear it since he started having preschool snack everyday without a bib, I relented.


For your information: I purchased this bib at Walmart and it's the best thing ever. It has a pocket that unsnaps and completely flattens out, making cleaning easier. Especially when they have vomit stuck in there (yes for those of you who don't have kids, it happens from time to time). I can just open the snaps and let water rinse the nastiness away before I have to touch it. It's not like other pocket bibs where food seems to get forever trapped in the deep corners of the pockets. And they last for as long as you need them -- in our case 2.5 years.

But alas, the bib will not live to see another day.

2 comments:

  1. We have the same bib- different pattern. LOVE it! I noticed the material on the back stains and doesn't come clean as easy as the front but it is by far our best food blocker! I love the snap pocket feature too. Sorry to see yours go.

    ReplyDelete