Monday, June 15, 2009

14 miler

I ran 14 miles today! Crazy, I know. But it's just over half of a marathon...which I'm signed up to do just less than 3 months from now. Today I ran from our house in Idaho Falls to my in-laws' house in Shelley. I'm proud of myself.

I think a lot while I'm running (what else is there to do for 2+ hours by yourself). I may have had some profound thoughts, but I can't remember them right now.

The whole time I was waiting for Curtis and the kids to drive up and give me some water/Powerade. They finally showed up at about the 10 mile mark. Hooray! What was even more thrilling was when they came back on the 4-wheeler to say 'hi' at the 12 mile mark. I was thinking that they should do that the whole 14 miles, but I never got a chance to tell Curtis to do that. Somehow he read my mind and it really made my day. Thanks, honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment