Thursday, June 18, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday

It's Muffin Tin Monday!

I found this cute idea on my new favorite blog; Her Cup Overfloweth.
Every Monday is "Muffin Tin Monday." She has all sorts of creative themes for building a meal out of a muffin tin. This being my first muffin tin meal, I copied an idea from one of her followers.

This was our "Very Hungry Caterpillar" MTM. It goes as follows:

Hole 1: Sugar and Spice Yogurt dip

Hole 2: "He ate through one apple"

Hole 3: two pears

Hole 4: three plums

Hole 5: four strawberries

Hole 6: five mandarin oranges

Dessert: grape butterfly Jello jiggler


This made dinner a fun occasion. My little caterpillars were NOT still hungry after this meal. Xander LOVED eating "caterpillar food." And they both played with the butterflies...pretending they could fly over the dinner table. It was weird eating only fruit for dinner, but that was my fault and the kids didn't seem to mind. Overall, it was a success and we may be doing more MTM's in the future.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!! I may have to sneak on over to that blog and check it out. :D

    ReplyDelete