Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Funny Things

Tayla (17 months today) made Xander and I laugh. We were eating soup for lunch and she kept saying we were eating "poop." Another one that gets Xander every time is when we ask Tayla if she wants to go to the zoo. She responds, "eww." She is a parrot; repeating the last word in every sentence we say -- but it's still humerous to listen to her mispronouciations.

Here's some of our favorite Tayla words:
Boop (Book and her first word)
Mee mow (Mickey Mouse)
Bubble (Incredibles)
Beep (Sheep)
Bee-ar (Bear)
Bink (Blanket)
Nana (Banana)
Meal Peas (Milk Please)
Ans (Dance)
Tee (Teeth)
Ning-ers (Fingers)
Wah wer (Water)
Wee Wee (toes, this little piggy went wee wee)
Mummy (Monkey or Tummy, depending on the context)
Asses (Sunglasses)
Nan-ner (Xander, one of her favorite things!)
Daddy, work (Daddy is usually followed by the word 'work' lately)
Habby (Crabby)
Appy (Happy)

I am loving this phase, because we never got this phase with Xander. I swear I couldn't have made a list like this. If he said a word, it was the right word -- no baby talk. I LOVE that Tayla 'baby talks.'

Another funny difference between the two kids is in their singing. When Xander sings, I recongize the song only because I recognize the sequence of words he's saying, not the tune. When Tayla sings, I recongize the song only because I recognize the tune not the words. It's funny how even at a young age, they have very different talents.

4 comments:

  1. very interesting! Nathan is starting to repeat word of a song, but I always recognized what he sang by the rhythm. He's petty good at it!
    How's the move coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby in my arms= hen peck typing= typos. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto for Megan's comment! Hilarious. I love your muffin tin monday stuff. what a good idea.

    ReplyDelete