Saturday, June 13, 2009

When SAHM's day goes arwy.

Anyone wonder how a SAHM (stay at home mom) could have a bad day? Well this is just represents part of one afternoon (maybe just 1 hour). I was doing some dishes and my 1 year old daughter was 'helping' me. She kept taking the glasses out, I kept putting them back into the dishwasher. As I was putting a glass in the dishwasher it completely shattered and the force of glass flying everywhere shredded my thumb in several spots.

I locked my daughter in her room so I could clean up the mess without her getting hurt. I start dropping chunks of glass into the garbage, when I notice my thumb is bleeding onto the floor. I decide to go patch myself up before finishing the glass mess. I go to the bathroom closet for our first aid kit, as I open the door Curtis's electric razor falls from a really high shelf and bursts open, leaving whiskers all over the bathroom floor and hallway. (I had previously put the razor on that high shelf because I caught my almost 3-year old son holding it over the toilet earlier with it still plugged in. I was worried about him getting electrocuted...I don't know if he would have, but better be safe than sorry.)

Anyways....I patch up my thumb, vacuum up the whiskers, clean up the blood off the floor, pick the glass out of the dishwasher, and empty the trash before I can let my screaming daughter out of her room. And then I go back to doing the dishes and making dinner with a bandaged thumb.

On a plus side, earlier today I scored some items at a garage sale. A headboard for our new bed, a plastic shelving unit for our new apartment, and a chutes and ladders game for $20 total! I haven't done a whole lot of "garage sale-ing", but this was fun!

Anyone else have a SAHM bad day?

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! My heart goes out to you.
    And a random realization: You're downsizing when you move here. Oh man (again). I hope that's not too impossible to do. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i have had those days and i am not a SAHM lol. super yay about the garage sale items :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Sometimes I feel like I have WEEKS like that....don't want to rehash here. though :-)

    ReplyDelete